There’s a great article at Focus Pulling explaining iGPU acceleration for Premiere Pro CC 2018. It is amazing! By enabling iGPU and upgrading Geforce GTX 970 to RTX 2080, I’ve cut away 63% of my export times, with the reduction primarily stemming from enabling the iGPU.
Test encoding: H.264, Preset: YouTube 2160p 4K 24 LUFS. Video: 3840×2160 (1,0), 25 fps, Progressive, 00:04:04:18
- 10:21 time to encode, Intel 6700K with Geforce GTX 970, no iGPU.
- 9:44 time to encode, Intel 6700K with Geforce RTX 2080, no iGPU. Upgrading graphics card only marginally speed up system.
- 3:48 time to encode, Intel 6700K with Geforce RTX 2080 with Intel 530 iGPU.
You may need to force enable the iGPU in your BIOS, for many ASUS motherboards you do this in ‘Advanced’ menu > System Agent (SA) Configuration\Graphics Configuration > iGPU Multi-Monitor setting > Enable.
So the main takeaways here: video encoding is for simple videos largely bottle-necked by CPU Software encoding. Removing this bottle neck gives us 100% iGPU utilization and increases RTX 2080 utilization from 3% to 10%, indicating more work is being feed to the ”real” graphics card too, as less units are wasted waiting for encoding to complete. Overall you get a much better utilization of your hardware with the iGPU support enabled.
Started on my 8U Rack build with various components ordered from a magnitude of sources.
Vlog from a few days ago, already outdated:
Current idea goes as follows:
- Gator 8U Rolling Rack for ease of transportation. It actually is 8U according to pictures, some other 8U rollers are only 7U due the roller parts consuming one U.
- Black Magic SmartView 4K and Intel NUC VESA mounted behind (probably do something with zip ties or similar to secure the NUC well, so it cannot fall out of VESA-mount)
- Black Magic Web Presenter for 720p down-scaled streaming with Black Magic Teranex Mini Smart Panel for operating switching etc on the Web Presenter
- Black Magic MicroConverter HDMI-SDI to enable Intel NUC to be displayed on the SmartView
- Black Magic MicroConverter HDMI-SDI to enable second HDMI camera.
Picture of planned design:
Created a Makefile for using FFMPEG to convert Panasonic H.265 (mp42hvc1 hevc) 6KPhoto files into ProRes files easily processed by current versions of Adobe Premiere Pro.
@$(FFMPEG) -i $^ -c:v prores -profile:v 3 $@
Geocaching året 2016 blev ett lite mer avslappnat år där Geocachingen inte stod i fokus (desto mer annat), men en del underbara platser sågs. Lite resor i Tyskland-Belgien-Luxemburg och lite lugn geocaching på hemmafronten. En lugn geocachingtur med föräldrarna på julafton var ett trevligt inslag.
Luxemburg är ju aldrig fel att se!
Världen var fin!
Man kunde se konstiga saker i Trier
En groda i tyskland.
Rheinsteig tillhör en del av Tyskland man skall ha sett.
Någon sorts lastanordning brevid kanalen i Trier.
Försöker hitta vägen ute i hård skärgårdsterräng.
Många loggremsor sågs.
XMAS2014-24 Reviewergömman hittades liggandes 40-50 meter ifrån där den skulle vara, mugglad. Så den återförlyttades till där den skall vara.
En Geocache fick inleda januari 2017.
- 2016: 99 Found / Attended (including 1 event). Total: 3493.
- 2015: 197 Found / Attended (including 2 events). Total: 3394.
- 2014: 295 Found / Attended (including 3 events and 1 FTF) Total: 3197. Completed 7 Souvenirs of August.
- 2013: 242 Found / Attended (including 2 events and 1 FTF) Total: 2902. Completed 31 Days of Geocaching challenge and logged caches all days in August.
- 2012: 427 Found / Attended (including 2 events [1 mega] and 3 FTF) Total: 2660.
- 2011: 250 Found / Attended (including 10 events [1 mega] and 6 FTF) Total: 2233. Participated in organizing 1 mega event, FAD 2011.
- 2010: 550 Found / Attended (including 9 events [1 mega] and 12 FTF). Total: 1983.
- 2009: 531 Found / Attended (including 9 events and 13 FTF). Total: 1433.
- 2008: 463 Found / Attended (including 5 events and 7 FTF). Total: 902.
- 2007: 311 Found / Attended (including 8 events and 9 FTF). Total: 439.
- 2006: 128 Found / Attended (including 4 events and 1 FTF) since July.
On 20 February 2016, hundred and fifty lanterns will create a ‘River of Light’ for one night event in the city of Gothenburg, in the winter darkness bringing people together to celebrate our hope for the future. We gather at 16.00 at Götaplatsen to light the lanterns. After that we walk trough the city and the procession ends at A-venue on Avenyn at 18.00 with soup and bread and festivities.
The procession is a part of the 150 years celebration of the Valand Academy and on UN World Day of Social Justice which is annually observed on February 20.
During the last couple of months has the refugee crisis become worse and worse and Sweden has taken in on third of all the unaccompanied minors seeking asylum in Sweden. They come to Sweden as it is a country with an excellent reputation for respecting Human Rights and recognized for the good education system. Migrationsverkets numbers shows us that there were 30 000 children without their family in Sweden by the end of 2015. The situation in Gothenburg is also getting worse, with to little room for the young people seeking a safe place to stay.
In the project “River of Lights” and artists from the Academy of Valand has worked with international children, many of them who just arrived from Syria and Afghanistan, and created lanterns together.
An Abusive Relationship with AngularJS – About the Security Adventures with the ”Super-Hero” Framework. Dr. Mario Heiderich, handsome heart-breaker, bon-vivant and (as he loves to call himself) ”security researcher” is from Berlin, likes everything between lesser- and greater-than. He leads the small yet exquisite pen-test company called Cure53 and pesters peaceful attendees on various 5th tier conferences with his hastily assembled PowerPoint-slides and a lot of FUD.